Maryland Personal Injury Lawyer
If you have been injured due to someone else’s negligence, you do not need to simply sit back and accept this situation. By filing a personal injury lawsuit against those responsible for causing your injury, you can receive compensation that covers all of your various losses. These might include financial losses such as missed wages or medical expenses – but you can also sue for emotional distress, PTSD, and a wide range of other issues. Even if you are not sure whether you can sue, it is worth exploring your options. But what exactly is a personal injury lawsuit? How does this legal process work? How much money can you receive?
When Can I Sue for an Injury?
You can sue for an injury in Maryland under a range of different circumstances:
- Car Accidents: Most personal injury lawsuits involve car accidents, as these incidents are fairly common. Victims must hold another party accountable in order to receive compensation. Why? Because Maryland is an “at-fault” state – ensuring that personal injury lawsuits represent the only real route toward compensation for medical expenses, missed wages, and other damages.
- Slips and Falls: When you slip and fall on someone else’s property, you may have the chance to sue for your injuries. This is a type of “premise liability” lawsuit that is very common, as slips and falls are often caused by wet floors, spills, debris, and other hazards you might find at a local grocery store or shopping center. You may also sue property owners for slips and falls on icy or snowy sidewalks that haven’t been properly cleared.
- Negligent Security: A somewhat rare type of injury lawsuit, negligent security involves assaults, robberies, sexual assaults, and other crimes that happen on other people’s property. If there is a history of violence on these premises, the owner is required to take action by upgrading their security protocols. If they fail to do this, you may sue for the injuries you sustained on their watch.
- Medical Malpractice: When you suffer injuries at the hands of a medical professional, you may be eligible to file a “medical malpractice” claim. This is when you hold doctors, surgeons, and nurses accountable for gross misconduct and reckless negligence. Examples include botched surgeries, misdiagnoses, failures to diagnose, birth injuries, and much more.
- Product Liability: When a product causes you to suffer injuries due to manufacturing or design defects, you may sue the company responsible. You may also sue if the marketing materials associated with a product imply that it could be used in an unsafe manner. Examples include dangerous children’s toys, exploding vape pens, malfunctioning hoverboards, and much more.
- Abuse: If you were abused by a clergy member or a teacher, you can still sue even if many years have passed. Usually, these lawsuits are limited by something called the statute of limitations. These abusive incidents have the potential to seriously damage a person’s life.
- Dog Bites: If you were attacked by a dog, you can sue the owner or anyone else responsible for its care. Dog bites can cause disfigurements, PTSD, and many other serious injuries.
How Much Money Can I Receive?
Each case is slightly different, and there’s no way of knowing how much money you will receive by simply reading an online article. That being said, you can get a rough idea of your potential settlement by understanding how calculations work.
First, you need to figure out your total economic damages. These include things like missed wages and medical expenses. How much money did you spend trying to treat your injuries? How much could you continue to spend on medical expenses for the foreseeable future? How much work did you miss due to your injuries? How much work could you continue to miss? How much are you earning each month? Is your injury so bad that you will never work again? These are some of the questions you will need to ask yourself. You should also factor in your non-economic damages, such as emotional distress and PTSD.
Where Can I Find a Maryland Personal Injury Lawyer?
If you have been searching for a Maryland personal injury lawyer, look no further than the Law Office of Ben Evan. Over the years, we have helped numerous injured plaintiffs strive for the best possible results. We know that your injuries may be affecting your life in serious ways, and we are here to guide you through this daunting legal process. Once you book your consultation, you can shift your attention back to the healing process while letting us handle your case.
If you are ready to get started with an effective action plan, reach out today and book your consultation. Time is of the essence, and internet research can only get you so far.
Maryland Car Accident Lawyer
It is difficult to wrap your head around Maryland’s car accident laws when you are simultaneously trying to heal from both physical and psychological injuries. The good news is that you are not alone in this battle. Reach out to the Law Office of Ben Evan, and you can handle this legal process easily while focusing on what matters – the healing process. We will guide you toward the compensation you need and deserve to cover medical expenses, missed wages, and any other damages you might have incurred.
Book your consultation today to get started with an effective action plan and begin fighting for your rights.
Maryland Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Motorcyclists have the exact same rights as any other motorist in Maryland. With help from the Law Office of Ben Evans, you can fight for those rights after suffering an injury on the road. If your accident was caused by a negligent driver, you are fully entitled to hold them accountable. Filing a personal injury lawsuit can provide you with the funds you need to pay for medical expenses, missed wages, emotional distress, and any other damages you might have incurred.
Book a consultation with us today to discuss your legal options and get started with an effective action plan.
Slip and Fall
Maryland Slip and Fall Lawyer
If you slip and fall while visiting a grocery store or a shopping center, you do not need to pay for your losses out of your own pocket. Instead, you can work with the Law Office of Ben Evan to recover a fair settlement for your damages. This settlement might be the only way to pay your medical bills after a hip fracture, a traumatic head injury, or any other injury you might have suffered as a result of your fall. You can also receive compensation for missed wages, emotional distress, and much more.
Book your consultation with us today to get started with an effective action plan and start fighting for your rights.
Maryland Truck Accident Lawyer
Were you injured in a Maryland truck accident? You may be eligible for compensation. Work with the Law Office of Ben Evans to determine whether you could receive a settlement for your injuries. If you are struggling to pay your medical bills while missing weeks of work due to your injuries, there is no reason to simply accept this without putting up a fight in court. With our help, you can sue negligent trucking companies and hold them accountable.
Reach out today to book a consultation and begin your journey toward justice, closure, and compensation. Remember, you can also sue for non-economic damages like emotional distress or PTSD.
Learn More By Reaching Out to Us Today
Have you or a loved one been injured or arrested in Maryland? Look no further than the Law Office of Ben Evan. We offer completely confidential and complimentary legal case evaluations, so feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns you may have.
Your Recovery Is Our Priority
Having an experienced attorney on your side can help you receive a fair settlement and transition back into work at the pace that your doctor determines is best.